The eOffice product aims to support governance by ushering in more effective and transparent inter and intra-government processes. The vision of e-Office is to achieve a simplified, responsive, effective and transparent working of all government offices.
The Open Architecture on which eOffice has been built, makes it a reusable framework and a standard reusable product amenable to replication across the governments, at the central ,state and district levels. The product brings together the independent functions and systems under a single framework.
- Open Architecture &Technology; Neutral
- Common Data Sets and Standards
- Role based access for authorisation
- Directory based authentication
- Workflow manager
- Open Standards & technologies based
- Unicode Compliant - Support for local languages
- Organization level common repository of user information for various services and applications.
- Enhance transparency – files can be tracked and their status is known to all at all times,
- Increase accountability – the responsibility of quality and speed of decision making is easier to monitor,
- Assure data security and data integrity
- Provide a platform for re-inventing and re-engineering the government,
- Promote innovation by releasing staff energy and time from unproductive procedures,
- Transform the government work culture and ethics,
- Promote greater collaboration in the work place and effective knowledge management